How to Request the Fife and Drum Corps
The United States Army Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps, when requested and in appropriate situations, can take part in public events sponsored by non-military organizations. The U.S. Army Military District of Washington facilitates requests for such support. Approval, funding, and tasking authority are exercised according to governing regulations and practices.
|Examples of requests that can be considered for support:
||Some requests that cannot be accommodated:
- Veterans of Foreign Wars convocation
- Major sporting events accessible to public through television broadcast
- School-sponsored assemblies
- Boy Scout Blue and Gold Banquet
- Northern Virginia Tadpole Swim Meet
- United Maryland Realtors Association annual meeting
- Fundraising events
- Events that benefit a particular business or company
- Events to a narrow segment of the populace, e.g. a family reunion
- Support for or during a civilian religious service
- Events that are not open and free to the public
- Events that would be detrimental to the interests or values of the Armed Forces
Please contact the Fife and Drum Corps’ Public Affairs Office today to discuss your event and how to facilitate your request. It is recommended that performance requests be submitted a minimum of 60 working days in advance of an event, although a greater amount of time is desirable. In the course of processing a request, it could take as many as four weeks to determine if support can be provided. We look forward to performing for your event!
Public Affairs Office
Should you have any questions about the procedures outlined above, please contact Staff Sergeant Jeff Brooks at email@example.com, or 703-696-9593.